Launch Brigade is always on the lookout for exceptional people to join our team. If you are interested in one of the positions listed below, please email us.
We are a community focused business following Triple Bottom Line methodologies, and believe in providing a positive work environment which allows our team members to grow and flourish in directions that make them happy and feel fulfilled. We are known for cultivating quality talent from the Santa Cruz community, and our team proudly represents this investment.
Senior WordPress Developer + Full Stack Experience
Here at Launch Brigade, we solve complex business problems with technology solutions. Our projects include custom software applications, API integrations, high end websites built on the WordPress platform, custom plugin development, ecommerce, and a constant flow of support/incremental work.
We pride ourselves on developing properly architected and robust solutions, using current methodologies and stable components. Our team includes our sister organization Cloud Brigade, a technical consultancy with partnerships with Amazon Web Services and Looker.
Our WordPress websites are built on top of custom developer themes, we don’t use off-the-shelf themes, or “page builders” like Divi, Aveda, Genesis, etc. If you haven’t hand coded a WordPress theme, this isn’t going to be the position for you.
We are looking for a skilled developer to join our team. Required skills include:
- 3+ years experience developing WordPress sites
- Strong HTML5/CSS3 skills
- Experience with Gutenberg and custom blocks
- Experience implementing custom coded themes and child themes in WordPress (Understrap, Underscores, etc.)
- Experience with custom fields, custom post types and custom taxonomies
- Experience with Zurb Foundation and/or Twitter Bootstrap
- Working knowledge of LESS, Sass, or similar CSS pre-processors
- Solid understanding of Git
- Linux command line capability including use of SSH/SFTP.
- Clean Code in your development process
- A passion for implementing high end designs into responsive website
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Understanding of the fundamentals of UI/UX
- Solid PHP skills
Pluses include experience with :
- Amazon Web Services
- Managed Hosting Providers (WP Engine, Pagely, Kinsta, etc)
- Using a local environment with Docker, Flywheel, etc.
- At least one PHP Framework (Symfony, Codeigniter, Laravel, Yii, etc.)
- Writing WordPress plugins
- Third party API integration with code
- Setting up a web server
- Understanding of DNS
- MySQL Command Line
- Understanding webforms, SMTP, SPF, DKIM, DMARC, etc.
- Manual migration of a web application
- Advanced Custom Fields Pro
- NPM, Bower, and Gulp
- BEM methodology
Please provide a link to your portfolio, public code repositories, etc. with samples of recent work.
What We Offer
- Medical Benefits including Dental and Vision
- Paid Time Off
- A dynamic work environment
- Working with a highly-skilled and passionate team that places equal value on UI, design aesthetic and technical precision
- A variety of challenging and exciting projects
- The opportunity to grow into your dream job