Launch Brigade is growing! We are always keeping an eye out for people to add to our team. If you are interested in one of the positions listed below, please email us. We are located at NextSpace Coworking, one of the coolest office environments in the area. We co-habitate with over a hundred other entrepreneurs and startup businesses in our Central Coast Tech Community.
We are a community focused business following Triple Bottom Line methodologies, and believe in providing a positive work environment which allows our team members to grow and flourish in directions that make them happy and feel fulfilled. We are known for cultivating quality talent from the Santa Cruz community, and our team proudly represents this investment.
Project Manager (2 – 6 month contract)
We are looking for a project manager to fill in and manage some projects over the summer months while one of our team members is away. Depending on project milestones and overall workload, the contract may be extended. Launch Brigade conducts business from our office in downtown Santa Cruz from 9am – 6pm Monday through Friday. This is an onsite (not remote) position.
Launch Brigade is in the business of creating websites and web applications, as well as web marketing campaigns. Our team consists of designers, developers, and marketing specialists. Our project manager acts as the primary point of contact with our clients during the development phase of our projects, and is the liaison between the client and team members. Our project management style is a hybrid of Waterfall and Agile based on the type of projects. A general list of typical job requirements and responsibilities includes :
- 2+ years experience in project management (agency experience a plus)
- Daily scrum meetings with the team
- Provide/clarify daily agendas with development staff
- Monitor project budgets and burn rates
- Manage project tasks and deadlines
- Monitor/prevent “scope creep”
- Attend staff and client meetings, compile notes and action items
- Work with bookkeeping on client/vendor invoice management
- Interface with core and contract team members during project
- Uphold the company values and mission
- Review team time tracker entries for correctness (time, story, and grammar)
Launch Brigade uses a plethora of online tools to manage day to day operations. Familiarity with some or all of these tools is a plus :
This is a 1099 contract position.
Front-End WordPress Developer
If you are a Front-End WordPress developer and turning beautifully designed .psd’s into grid-perfect WordPress sites sounds like a fun day at work, we’d love to hear from you.
Here at Launch Brigade, we specialize in user interface and design-driven, custom responsive design, so experience and passion for creating websites that will look great on all devices is a top skill we are looking for.
- 3+ years experience developing WordPress sites
- Strong HTML5/CSS3 skills
- Experience with custom fields, custom post types and custom taxonomies
- Experience with Zurb Foundation and/or Twitter Bootstrap
- Working knowledge of LESS, Sass, or similar CSS pre-processors
- Solid understanding of Git
- Clean Code in your development process
- A passion for and experience in implementing designs into responsive WordPress themes
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Linux command line capability including use of SSH/SFTP.
- Understanding of the fundamentals of UI/UX
- Solid PHP skills
- Advanced Custom Fields Pro experience is a plus
- Knowledge of NPM, Bower, and Gulp is a plus
- BEM methodology is a plus
Please provide samples of recent work.
What We Offer
- Medical Benefits including Dental and Vision
- Paid Time Off
- A dynamic work environment
- Working with a highly-skilled and passionate team that places equal value on UI, design aesthetic and technical precision
- A membership at NextSpace CoWorking
- A variety of challenging and exciting projects
- The opportunity to grow into your dream job